Check out the new forum. You are currently viewing the old forum. It will be saved and searchable for future reference.

HomeForumGeneral Discussioncocos2d 1.0 kit update

Author Posts
Author Posts
June 4, 2011 at 10:47 pm #479

CyberGreg

Hey Nat,
Hope all is well. Any feel for when the kit will be updated for the 1.0 release of cocos2d? I realize it’s still in RC form but pretty sure Riq said only bug fixes so RC3 should be it.

Thanks

Getting ready to jump back into some cocos2d programming after the WWDC Keynote on Monday.

June 6, 2011 at 4:24 pm #1935

Nathanael Weiss

Greg! Hey bro. Just downloaded the latest RC last night. Lemme take a look and make sure there are no issues before I commit to a date when the new Kit comes out. Though if everything goes smooth we could have a release this week or next.

I’m excited about the 1.0 release for Cocos2D! This is a major milestone.

June 6, 2011 at 10:46 pm #1937

CyberGreg

AWESOME!
:-)
Now that I’ve got iOS 5, I’ll be headed back to cocos2d land… I’m psyched!

October 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm #2091

CyberGreg

Hey Nat – just resurrecting this instead of making a new post – I’m now finally moving forward with LoH and I’d like to start with Cocos2d v1.0.1. I’ll do some testing and post back problems I encounter but would love to know when we’ll see a kit update.

Update: Wow, unless I missed something I just dropped in the new v1.0.1 and it compiled with no errors.

Thanks

Oh and after your interview I found out we’re practically neighbors! (Oceanside) but I’m moving to Florida in about 6 weeks.

October 12, 2011 at 5:21 pm #2094

Nathanael Weiss

New iPhone Game Kit is coming out soon! It will have a couple new chapters on Cocos2D basics and OOP, better hd sprites & retina support, include the latest Cocos2D, and be updated for iOS 5. (I’m putting the final touches on a Midi-enabled music app first… more info on that soon.)

Interesting that we’re neighbors! :) Did you guys get a gnarly marine layer this year too? Hope you enjoy Florida.

October 12, 2011 at 5:27 pm #2095

CyberGreg

Awesome!

Happy to beta test if you’d like… I’ve just started digging into PCG and we’re pretty close to Vista so not too much “may-gray” :-)

November 5, 2011 at 9:40 pm #2136

CyberGreg

Hi Nat,

Sorry to be a pest but I’m really digging into LoH and I’d love to use the new version, could you give me an ETA? If its still several weeks out I’ll start with my updated v1.0.1 kit.

Thanks and enjoy SoCal, we’re like 10 days away from our move to sunny Florida (with the mosquito’s!) :-)

November 11, 2011 at 8:34 pm #2147

Nathanael Weiss

Mozzies! Yargh. Well, it should be warmer out there. Enjoy it, bro.

The new 4.0 Kit is ooooooh so close. But it might still be one or two weeks out. There’s some other stuff besides Cocos2d 1.0.1 that I’m throwing in there, like HD sprites, some new chapters to the book and a few iOS5-related notes. It’s coming, I promise! :)

November 23, 2011 at 8:55 pm #2161

andrei

Awesome! I saw that version 1.x of cocos2d has some performance improvements! Mainly on sprite caching and particles effects.
I’ll be waiting for the update :).

November 24, 2011 at 1:47 am #2162

jehartwick

Hey Nat,

I sent you an email this…just wondering if I can get the work in progress version of the kit. Don’t care about the updated graphics and so much (not that I don’t appreciate your hardwork :) just need to work in ios 5 with the latest Cocos2d….yesterday!

Please let me know :)

Thanks,
jaime